Monday, July 17, 2017

There Are No Jobs in Those Canyons

I was listening to a radio program where the host was having people call in with the best advice they had received.  Years and years ago, my husband had a colleague who told him this when he was about to do something foolish beyond his level expertise, " There are no jobs in those canyons."  He meant it literally about the geography.  My husband worked outdoors in a treacherous area. If you injure yourself by going down that canyon, you won't have a job.

However, I think it applies to a lot of things just not physical activities. The quote applies to risk. Do I say something about someone's job performance if that is just going to make my life harder?  Do I physically push myself at my job if it is destroying my body? What is a good risk? Is this a wrong, I meant to right? Just something I am ruminating on.

What is the best advice you ever received?  Leave me a note in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment