Monday, June 5, 2017

Old People Riding Bikes with Youngsters

Last Monday, our friends invited us to bike in Birch Bay.  So we took our youngest and biked with them.  Notice there are no pictures of bikes.  That was because I was huffing and puffing the whole way. The first part was OK. We stopped at Birch Bay State Park to do some tide pooling. The beach was crowded with the Memorial Day Crowd but we managed to see a bunch of crabs and little starfish.
baby starfish

Giant Man Child with the kiddos. Princess of Quie A Lot
Giving him a lesson on crabs

It was all well and good until we started back. My son's bike broke and my will to pedal one more step was tested.  In all, we think we biked around 8 miles. My husband and I decided we are old. Parts of us really hurt. We also decided our companions were in a lot better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment