Saturday, November 12, 2016

BIG SHOT COFFEE SIGN

My husband makes these wonderful shot up picture frames from gun range target frames.  I convinced him to make this chalk board sign to hang above my kitchen sink.  My kitchen has a lot of coffee decor.  Hey, I lived in the Pacific Northwest where you can't throw a rock without hitting a coffee stand.  I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a catchy saying . I finally settled on "Home of Big Shot Coffee".

I traced the letters onto chalkboard. I used the technique found at Jenna Sue Design Co.  I used regular chalk on all the letters except the "O". It was a whole lot of chalk dust. I borrowed my son's pencil sharpener to sharpen the chalk to a point.  On the "O" I used a cooper chalk pen. After sitting with it for a bit we decided it wasn't popping enough and colored the "O" in with a cooper and gold chalk pen. We wanted the "O" to look like the end of a bullet casing. I have another post on Chalk Lettering for those of you who want to learn how to hand letter.


My husband also made me a really cool sunburst/half sun with roached target frames too.

No comments:

Post a Comment