Monday, October 17, 2016

Notes of a Mediocre Homemaker - Spider Web Frame

I just can't help myself.  I get a idea in my head and can't let it go. Even if that idea involves hot gluing my hand to a frame.



This past summer my husband bought 10 motel art frames from the ReStore.  Hubby got the frames all 10 for $50. He has been re-purposing the glass into new frames.  The frames he has just been breaking apart.  Well, I decided after browsing pinterest to make a spiderweb for one frame.  The idea came from Becki  Adams Blog. I had the hubby hit this frame with black spray paint. I tired to use thumb tacks to hold the web strings in place.  That just didn't work.  I ended up using Becki's suggestion of  hot glue.So, the string is hot glued to the back of the frame. Becki's tutorial is great. The spider is one that I had in my Halloween stuff

It turned out OK. I love the low cost and low time commitment.  It definitely adds a graphic pop over my china cabinet.


Check out my entire Series - Notes of a Mediocre Homemaker
I am linking up with  Write 31 Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment