Friday, July 1, 2016

What I Learned June

THE DAYS ARE LONG. THE YEARS ARE SHORT


My oldest graduated. There are no words. If you have followed my blog my son has had some significant challenges at school and despite all of that he walked across the stage with his peers and with honors.  It was AWESOME. IT was a VICTORY of sorts.
VICTORY
pic by TT
digital stamp Ali Edwards

CUY ASADO

My dear friend got to visit Ecuador and she brought me back a lovely apron with a recipe for Cuy Asado - roasted guinea pig.  (Yes, I am an apron chick.)   Evidently, roasted guinea pig is a special dish in Ecuador. My friend did not sample cuy asado but did get to sample a lot of local dishes. There was also a really good Expedition Unknown episode "Incan King's Mummy"that showed the Guinea pigs as well.

WATTAMELON ROLL

My youngest and I discovered this ice cream novelty/cake.  I though the chocolate chip seeds would be strange but strangely good. The rind is lemon sorbet and the watermelon part is watermelon ice cream. Anyone else try this?

GOLDILOCKS WEATHER

Evidently, the last week we have been having Goldilocks weather, "Just Right". It has been in the mid 70's and sunny. Here in the Pacific Northwest that is considered near perfect. I had never heard this term for weather before but it cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment