Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What I Read June

It is summer and the reading should be easy or least interesting.  I am participating in my library's summer reading program for adults for the summer.  Ours is book bingo.  I managed to get a couple squares filled in.

Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins


Why did I wait so long to read this one? Wow this was a hard one to put down. If you like twisty and not seeing what is coming, YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE! I am bummed that I couldn't count this in my summer reading bingo card but I read it prior to June 4th. 

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton



I seem to be on a Kate Morton kick.  This was recommended to me because I am a fan of Downton Abbey. The main character Grace Bradley was a servant at Riverton House .  Years later a film director comes to ask Grace about her time at Riverton, Grace starts remembering what that she knows a secret about a death of a young poet at Riverton House.  I didn't enjoy this Kate Morton book as much as The Lake House but it was a good read about aristocrats and privilege.

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

This is a take off of the Cinderella story but involves Cyborgs, Androids, and Lunars. Cinder is a mechanic who meets a prince and attends a ball.  Oh and she is a cyborg as well. There is even an evil step mother. According to my library's online book app, I read this in 3 hours and 30 minutes.  I didn't think I would like it but I was wrong. The book was interesting though not in a genre I usually read.  I enjoyed it a lot.

Check out what everyone else is reading over at Modern Mrs Darcy.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on The House at Riverton not being as good as The Lake House. Have you read The Secret Keeper? It's my favorite Kate Morton book, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about all three of your books on What Should I Read Next and have been curious about them! I may have to check them out soon!

    Here are my May books: http://elle-alice.blogspot.ca/2016/05/may-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete