Sunday, May 15, 2016

What I read May



Oh, I have been reading.  When things get stressful, the stressful read. Well they do in my case. Below are my reads for the month. I also got a chance to attend a preview some coming releases with a Book Buzz from Random House. 

The Silk Worm by Robert Galbraith - Ahh, I struggled a bit with this one.  I had to renew and incurred a late fee as well. I really love the main characters Strike and his assistant Robin but this story took a bit to unfold and a lot more graphic than the first book.  I guess I had trouble with the pace of this book but the characters kept me reading. This is the second book in the series.


No Baggage by Clara Bensen
Would you go on a trip with no baggage such as an European adventure with only the clothes on your back, passport, and bank card?  The tag line for the book is -3 Weeks, Eight Countries - Zero Baggage. Well, that is what Clara did with her new boyfriend, Jeff.  Evidently Jeff did this type of travel frequently but it was new to Clara.   I found this a refreshing interesting read. Clara describes how this all came to pass and how freeing this type of travel was for her.  There are a lot of great insights in this book.  I found myself marking them with post it notes.

The crucial caveat that never makes it into the inspirational "follow your dreams" prints is simple: Follow your dreams, but let go of the outcomes. - Clara Bensen

I can't get away from that wonder is inextricably married to risk. - Clara Bensen

I am a firm believer that the books you need to read show up.  This is one that I needed to read. The video below reminded me a lot of the book. The book was about risk taking.



Lastly but not least, The Lake House by Kate Morton.


This has been on my to read list FOREVER. I loved it.  I could not put this down.  Definitely lived up to the hype. This was a twisty mystery of the best kind.  This would make a fabulous summer/vacation read.

Check out what everyone is reading over at Modern Mrs Darcy's quick lit link up.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard great things about The Lake House. May have to pick it up soon! Here are my April reads: http://elle-alice.blogspot.ca/2016/05/april-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete