Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Diary of a Mediocre Homemaker- My Creative Process is MESSY

Dear Diary
My creative process at best can be summed up as MESSY.  I cook messy and I create messy too. I have been trying to come up with my all important valentine card.  I had a spare hour last week so I got all the supplies out and played around. I have been experimenting with some print making. I was simply using those kid foam stickers on cardboard in essence making my own stamp. (in above pic). I painted over the homemade stamp and pressed the paper into it.  I was only mildly successful in getting a nice clear print.


The above picture.  I put foam sticker on the paper and painted around the bird foam stickers.  I then peeled the stickers off. The stickers came off OK.

When I watched kids, my absolute favorite thing to do with them was to craft.  They have no fear and the kids embrace the mess. With young kids it is about the messy process not the product.  In the end, none of these ideas are what I went with for my valentine card but it was fun to break out of the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment