Tuesday, December 15, 2015

What I read December

I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy in her Quick Lit Linky.  Check out what everyone has been reading.

The Last Summer by Judith Kinghorn
The general gist of the story is Clarissa Granville lives in a grand English country house and falls in love with Tom the housekeeper's son. There was a whole upstairs-downstairs friendship turned into romance. 

This was a read that got suggested if you like Downton Abbey.  I am a big Downton Abbey fan. This was interesting a bit more on the risque side than some people might be comfortable with. This book covered the time period around World War One. 

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
Bryan Stevenson started the Equal Justice Initiative a legal practice defending the poor, wrongly condemned on death row, and juveniles convicted as adults.  One of his cases was that of Walter McMillian who sentenced to die for a murder he did not commit.


What a book! This book will definitely have you rethink your views on Justice and how it is served.  The end of this book made me cry but this isn't a sad book.  Once again I was reminded that we as a country have a lot to rethink about how we serve justice with life sentences and the death penalty.

I need to briefly step into the reading confessional.  I read a Danielle Steel book - Big Girl over Thanksgiving Break.  It was not one of her better ones but I kept reading anyway.  Danielle Steel has a way of getting her hooks into you.

No comments:

Post a Comment