Friday, July 31, 2015

What I Learned In July

I am linking up with Chatting at the Sky - What I learned



1. Steven Tyler released a COUNTRY single. Wow!  I still have a hard time watching him sing. I like the song though.

2. Canadian Milk

Recently my youngest son told me, " I am glad I don't live in Canada because I would have to cereal without milk."   We live close to the Canadian/ US border so it is quite common in the grocery store and Costco to see Canadians carts loaded with milk.  He was just being silly. Aren't all 13 year olds, right?  He went a step further to see why Canadian Milk is so expensive.  Guess what it all boils down to is more regulation. Canadian milk is more expensive because of more regulation.

3. I am not cut out for tank wars. I lost tank wars AGAIN.  We have an annual tradition on the 4th of July of racing our firework tanks and I actually got zero points.  I came in last in every heat. I got the big fat zero.

4. I learned how to make plum jam.  Delish!   Nonna and I used this recipe minus the cinnamon. The jam set and it has a nice tart taste.

5. Ferry rides are Magical especially when it is nice and clear. We rode the Edmonton/Kingston Ferry.
Photo by Giant Man Child
You can just barely see the space needle and Seattle Skyline

1 comment:

  1. We just got back from Canada so your "milk lesson" was interesting...

    ReplyDelete