Monday, December 29, 2014

One Little Word 2015

So it begins...

I choose the word (insert drumroll)

LAUNCH
 
I have known for a couple of weeks this was going to be the word for me.  For a number of years, I have participated in Ali Edwards one little word.  Basically you choose a word instead of a resolution to represent that year.  Last year 2014, my word was evolve. 
 
What the word LAUNCH means to me
 
 Less about talking about doing things and more about doing things
 
My oldest will be a senior at the end of this year.  Because of his unique situation and awesome abilities.  I will need to help him launch himself.  This calls me to do things that I am not skilled at and be a much bigger advocate than I am . So launch is also scary but necessary.
 
I also think the word launch requires a certain kind of boldness and jumping in.
 
Launch also represents that all the preparation has been done and now is time to put those skills into
practice.
 
Launch also involves risk and possible failure as well.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment