Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Breaking Up With My Grocery Store

Dear Grocery Store,

IT is YOU not me. 

Sincerely,
ME


I think I might need to break up with my grocery store.  I have been struggling with this through the summer. My stock up and generally overall cheaper store Fred Meyer has been under going a remodel.  I hate it. I keep returning hoping it has magically improved.  At the end of the remodel, I find the prices higher and there seems less grocery product and selection.  The store having less product means that it is constantly being restocked in really narrow aisles.  Did I mention that this store is frequented by the Canadians as well. This makes this store an exceptionally busy store. IT is bad enough I have to travel to a nearby town to shop.  I do have plenty of choices in the nearby town for grocery stores so I guess I going to have to come up with a new grocery store game plan.

I recently got an email newsletter from Money Saving Mom - Crystal touting the benefits of keeping a price book and scouting out local stores.  The gist of the email was the time taken to do this had direct benefits to your bottom line. 

Anyone else broke up with their grocery store?

No comments:

Post a Comment