Sunday, October 6, 2013

You might be a homemaker if (Day 6)

You get positively giddy over the Sunday paper BECAUSE of the coupons. 

So, it is Sunday and you may be glancing at the Sunday paper wondering if it is worth it to cut out the coupons. I am going to give you my 2 cents and a bit more.

We homemakers are savers.  We are in it to save our families money.  Some us do it by using coupons. You might have even dumpster dived for coupons - Oh so, not me unless it was my own recycle bin. Some of us even have a coupon philosophy.

Here is my philosophy in the nutshell - I am a Stay At Home Mom.  I think it is part of my job to save my family money.  I think coupons can be a great help and by clipping coupons it is a small thing I can do to save money. I don't do complicated deals and I never cry over a unredeemed coupon. Though when I did lose my coupon clutch, I did cry.

Angela over at The Coupon Project had some great ideas on How to Organize Your Coupons Quickly. IT is very similar to the current system I use.

If you are lucky you have a local blogger who lists coupon deals for your local grocery store, you can save an enormous amount of time couponing.  Here are my top places to visit to figure out where and when to use my coupons in the Pacific Northwest.

The Coupon Project
Thrifty Northwest Mom

These gals are on my go to list to find the deals and how to coupon effectively.  Because face it as a homemaker, our time is precious.

Here are some proven ideas to save money at the grocery store. I have used all of these and they work. Any of the below ideas will save you money alone or combined together.

Plan your meals around the sales
Have a list
Buy only what you need
Menu Plan
Use coupons

For more in my series You might be a homemaker click here

**** I am linking up to 31 days of Blogging with the Nester

1 comment:

  1. Yes! That's me! Unfortunately, my Sunday paper wasn't delivered the past two weeks so I called to complain, of course. Thankfully, my mother-in-law gives me her extra coupons!

    ReplyDelete