Monday, October 28, 2013

You might be a Homemaker IF (Day 28)

You know what to do with all those pumpkin seeds

It is pumpkin carving time again. I love to roast pumpkin seeds.  I leave the carving to my husband and kids. 
These are my husband's pumpkins. The back story is the smiling pumpkin farted
and the rest of the pumpkins are reacting.
Years of always looking up the recipe, I finally stuck what I do in my recipe binder. Below is the method I use.

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Heat Oven to 250 degrees. Remove stringy fibers from seeds. Wash seeds under cold water. Blot seeds dry with paper toweling.

Spread seeds evenly in single layer on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and roast in preheated oven for 30-60 minutes. Stir seeds frequently to aid in drying. Seeds are done when dry and light brown. Cool.

Enjoy!

Check out the rest of my series " You Might Be a Homemaker IF.."
***I am linking up with the Nester's 31 Days of Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment