Friday, December 7, 2012

Popsicle Snowflakes

Popsicle Snowflakes in Front Window


I am linking up with Nester's Crafty Goodness Linky Party. I was inspired by The Diary of  Daves Wife Snowflake Popsicle wreath.  The original idea came from a pin from Crafty Nest. The Crafty Nest gives some great directions. After the fact, I also came across some great Popsicle snowflakes on Mom Spark Blog.

I decided I needed some snowflakes for my large front windows. So, I armed myself with Popsicle sticks, glue gun, and compass. I made the snowflakes with dollar store Popsicle sticks and also with jumbo craft sticks from Joann's.  Both the smaller snowflakes and jumbo turned out awesome.  You really need a large space to display the jumbo craft stick one - front door or large front window. These things are big and graphic

Once we had the snowflakes glued together.  My Hubby spray painted them.  These ended up taking a lot more paint than expected.  We used 2 spray bottles of the true blue and 1 of the silver. My outdoor lighting scheme is blue and white.  I also have a white door.  I wanted the snowflake to stand out from the door. So this a barely under $20 project with the spray paint costs. Though I have to say they look really awesome. The snowflakes in the window I hung with string from a tension rod.

 
I couldn't resist putting one of these flakes on my door. This snowflake is one of the smaller flakes.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment