Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Heather's Sweet Taters

OK, I know this is a little out there.  Sometimes I get this wild crazy ideas, just ask my hubby. But I saw this really cool pin on pinterest on Sweet Potatoes at Outlaw Garden.  Then I read an article in Mother Earth June/July 2011 that it is possible to grow sweet potatoes this far north.  I am little late to start this but for a few dollars I thought I would try to grow my own sweet potato slips.  Here is my set up. 
Fred Meyer Organic Sweet Potato(left)   Trader Joe's Sweet Potato (Right)
One sweet potato is from Trader Joes (no idea if organic) the other is from Fred Meyer's (said organic).  I am using the method found at Outlaw Garden. Yes, I have entirely too much time on my hands.  I know that I probably won't have a sweet potato harvest this year but I wanted to see if I could even get slips.  I am all about the research. Maybe I will even generate some interest from the Wrecking Crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment