Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Spooky Houses

This is one craft that all the kids like to do.  We have done this several years in a row. (2009.2010) Each year I amazed how differently they turn out. I am not really sure where the original idea came from. First you draw out your house on a piece of black paper using a white crayon or white colored pencil.  Once the house it cut out, you draw in the doors and windows you want to open.  I cut the slits on three sides to open with an exacto knife. In previous years, I have designed the house openings and had the house and window already cut due to the ability of the age group I was working with. This year they did the designing and I used the exacto knife to make the openings based on their design. Now you are ready to color and add details to the house. Glue the house to larger piece of paper careful not to glue the openings down. Lastly add stickers and in our case dollar store foam stickers.

Big E

The Diva - Bats in the Belfry

Chuckles - Witch Posse

No comments:

Post a Comment