Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 Days to a Better Desk/Office - Day 4

Oh Monday has come and gone.  Cleaning didn't happen at the old desk BUT bill paying did happen.  Which got me to thinking, "What is your Bill paying system?"  I keep my bills on this handy dandy PINK clip board. It is usually found under my monitor. I mark on the bill when I paid it. I only write in the amount I paid if it is different.  If I am paying by check I write the date of the check and check number.

I am also a HUGE fan of online banking. I know some people are leery of this but even if you don't pay your bills online at least look at your statement online. This is saved me numerous times from overdrafts.  In general this works unless I can't find the clip board . I have also used this GIANT paper clip thing. That I sometimes use to hold the bills as well.

The system for filing the bills is broken.  I hope to discuss that in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment