Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 Days to a Better Desk/Office - Day 25

Today, I worked on filing and creating files for this year.  You know 2011!  I had let this go.  It ended up in this box. 
That wasn't really working for me.I sorted everything into some different categories. I had so much stuff I needed the cats help, NOT!

Credit Card
Medical
Home (mortgage, taxes, and misc home stuff)
Misc (this included life insurance, warranties, some financial statements that are received quarterly)
Shred (all old utilities, phone, trash, cable bills and general misc stuff that I don't need to keep for tax purposes)
Last Year Stuff

These files now reside in my file sorter for easy access and filing. I put some tabs on the folders to help with labeling them.

There is still a little left in the box but I made a big dent.  The main items left are from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment