Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sept 11

I can't believe it has been 10 years since 2 planes crashed through the towers.  Our world changed that day. I don't think there is one of us who wasn't touched by 9/11.  My oldest was 3 years old at the time.  My youngest has always grown up in U.S. concerned about security and terrorist threats.  I still can't wrap my head around how we explain to our kids that bad people are out there. There is fine line between trying to teach them to be safe and living in fear. I want them to know that people did the right thing in the aftermath.  They helped their fellow man. I am so proud of how Americans stepped up and were heroic.
"Our Nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature. And we responded with the best of America - with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could. " - GWB
Here is my journal entry that I wrote on 9-11-01 in a child development class.

No comments:

Post a Comment