Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Top 10 Things to do before Summer Ends

Please check our Oh Amanda for Top 10 Tuesday. Our summer is almost over.  Though the heat nor the summer never really appeared here in the Pacific Northwest. Our school starts September 7th so I suppose we have more time than most before it is back to the books. Here is my list of things that I would like to do with the 2 man wrecking crew before the end of the summer.

1. Practice more  math, writing, and reading with Chuckles. We have been doing this just not consistently. I want him to be ready to go when school starts.  We are talking 10 to 15 minutes a day at the most on the math facts. We did the great read aloud Mr Popper Penguins this summer.

2. I want to Hike.  We haven't really done that. Fragrance Lake/Squires Lake seem like possiblities.

3. Have a cook out at the beach.  This is on our summer bucket list.

4. Have all the school supplies bought and labeled.  I am close on that.

5. Do more Geocaching. This was part of my summer bucket list.  I wanted to find 10 caches this summer.  I found 6 so far.

6. Bulk cook - cookies, homemade pizza rolls, meatballs, waffle mix.

7. Start our school sleep routine - I feel myself laughing right now.  This is a toughie but necessary as my soon to be eighth grader is really going to have a hard time getting up at 6 am.He is sleeping till 9 am.

8. I want to have a marshmallow roast.  We haven't had a decent fire in our fire pit this whole summer.

9. Have a movie marathon/movie night. 

10.  I want to slow down and really savor the last days of summer.

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I keep saying I am going to do some bulk cooking but haven't gotten around to it either.

    Could you share your recipe for homemade pizza rolls? My son loves them but they are so expensive to buy in the store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmh marshmallow roast & S'mores! Oh yes please :)

    Geocaching is SO much fun. We started a few years ago and then stopped for a few years because I was pregnant and then our daughter was too small. But she's almost 3 now and really gets into it with us so we're looking forward to more caching before the bitter cold starts :)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete