Friday, August 5, 2011

Mr Popper's Penguins

Chuckles and I have been reading Mr Popper Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater this summer.  Unfortunately we missed seeing the movie. We plan to catch it later on DVD.  I used the reading guide/journal questions found at ReadWriteThink.  It just helped to keep us on track. Classroom Jr had a nice vocab list. I had never read this before.  It is a cute and funny story. This was the 1939 Newberry Honor Winner, too. I downloaded it to my Kindle as there was a long wait list at the library for this.  I see now that Walmart carries it for cheaper than the download. We did a great penguin project earlier in the year. (pictured above) Chuckles also did an animal report in 2nd Grade on Penguins so this book was right up his alley. Librarianism Chronicles also has some great extension activities on Penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment