Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mini session make ahead meals

I like to have some things made ahead especially when I know I have guests coming.  Today I spent roughly an hour (probably less) doing some prep so the upcoming long weekend with guests would go more smoothly.  So, what did I make ahead,? I made teriyaki marinade, waffle mix, and yams.  I plan on using my last spiral ham this weekend that I bought on sale at Easter.  I like yams/sweet potatoes with it.  So I cubed, boiled, and mashed.  I froze in a pie pan.  All I have to do is defrost and reheat.  I also like to have waffles so I made up a double batch of the dry stuff.  All I will have to do is add the eggs, milk, and oil.  I wish I just made two more packs while I was at it.  Well, live and learn. I also marinated some Chicken with the Teriyaki sauce recipe from Fix, Freeze, Feast.  I totally heart the authors Kati and Lindsay. Their cookbook is now out in paperback!

No comments:

Post a Comment