Monday, April 18, 2011

Extreme Couponing

I don't know if anyone else has watched this TLC show about extreme couponers who get 100's of dollars in free product. There has been enormous buzz mostly negative about this show among hard core couponers. For myself, I think the show does give couponers a little of a bad name. Here is some of the negative criticism. Don't mess with couponers by using coupons fraudulently they will go after you. Food on the Table had interesting take on Extreme Couponing and the pros and cons. Lastly, Beauty and Bedlam had an awesome post on Extreme Couponing -It's not Reality. I think all of these ladies said it better than I could.

I was asked the other day if I was an extreme couponer. I just laugh. I use coupons and yes, I currently have a small stockpile of cereal. This is very small compared to these extreme couponers. Way back in 2009, I discussed my coupon philosophy. It still pretty much the same. WHAT IS REALLY SAD is I still have the same duct taped coupon clutch. There are certain seasons in my life, I have needed to save more and I amp up the coupon clipping . Other times, I am a little more laid back about the clipping of coupons.


The thing is that you don't have to use coupons to save big. The biggest money saver is to plan your meals and plan your meals around the sales. If you never cut a coupon this in itself will save you big bucks. Life as Mom had a series which focused on Eat Well, Spend Less. Food on the Table had interesting chart with the top things on sale in March and their rank. Check it out. Guess what I will be buying this week - HAM. Just in case you haven't noticed it's on sale and cheap. No, I won't be buying 50 hams.

No comments:

Post a Comment