Thursday, April 7, 2011

102 Matches and Other Tales



There is a San Diego Radio DJ that always says, "That is the name of my new band." Last night, the name of my name would of been 102 matches and a can of lighter fluid. Mrs Epi said it could of been Sizzle, Sizzle or Coke and Mellows.


Mrs Epi suggested that we take the kids to the beach for an impromptu hot dog roast so off we went in the Adventure Van. We are on Spring Break and the weather has been very wet and just not nice. But last night we were rewarded with great beach weather. We had a little sun virtually no wind. It was nice. However, we had some challenges getting our charcoal briquettes lighted. I brought matches and I swear it took us at least 102 matches to light those briquettes. It wasn't windy until we tried to light those things. Isn't that Murphy's law. I have never understood why my husband uses a whole can of lighter fluid but now I do. We did get it lit and we had our hot dogs. We even has s'mores. I had to get photographic proof.

I think a good time was had by all. We walked the length of Birch Bay Park because the kids had a lot of energy.
Top Picture - Chuckles, #1 Son, Bones, Princess of Quite A lot


Bottom Picture - #1 Son as a Reindeer

No comments:

Post a Comment