Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pineapple Carrot Bread


I defrosted my freezer this weekend bit not really by choice. I found that door didn't get all the way shut. It is times like this I wish I had a freezer alarm. Lucky for me that it didn't contain much meat. The freezer mainly had bread, butter, freezer jam, and berries. I also had this delicious frozen Pineapple Carrot Bread. So this weekend, we have been snacking on this. When I make quick bread that makes two loaves, we freeze 1 loaf. It great way to spread out the goodness and stock up your freezer.

This recipe is from Backyard Living Magazine. I love that the caption says, "it's nutritious and economical." This tastes a lot like carrot cake.

Pineapple Carrot Bread


3 cups all purpose flour

2 cups sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 teaspoon salt

3 eggs

2 cups shredded carrots

1 cup vegetable oil

1 can ( 8oz) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained

1 cupped chopped pecans or walnuts

3 teaspoons vanilla extract

3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, optional

1/ to 1 1/2 teaspoons milk, optional

In a large bow, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs; add carrots, oil, pineapple, nuts and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into two greased and floured 8 in x 4 in x 2 loaf pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely. If desired combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves

*** I have been leaving out the nuts and I have never used done the glaze, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment