Friday, January 7, 2011

40 by 40


This post is about my journey to lose 40 lbs by my 40th Birthday. Well, I started. That counts. I have been wearing my pedometer, faithfully. I haven't even dropped it in to the toilet. I guess that happens but it hasn't happened to me. So here is the skinny or fat as they say.

THE GOOD

number of steps taken since Jan 1 = 99,705

average number of steps per day =16,617

THE BAD
(Yes, I am going to post the real weights. It is whatit is. If this kind of truth makes you uncomfortable don't read these posts)

starting weight as of 1 Jan=238

weight today=239

It was cold but not wet at the beginning of the week. Mrs Epi has been walking me to death. Now it is cold and wet so Wednesday and Thursday were a challenge. When wearing a pedometer the challenge is to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. I have been meeting that goal. Now, I need to work on the eating part of this challenge. It is disappointing to walk so much and really not have a darn thing to show for it. It just goes to prove that it is both DIET and EXERCISE.

The Biggest Loser started this week. As much as it hurts to admit this, I could be a candidate for this show. Another show that starts Jan 17 on A&E called Heavy. I guess this is similar to the Biggest Loser without the competition aspect but more of a documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment