Thursday, December 2, 2010

Elf Snowflake Garland

Last year, I made with the help of my minions a snowflake garland in the spirit of the movie ELF.



It is my new obsession. Here is my variation this year.


We made some of our snowflakes out of coffee filters. This was much easier for little hands then the 6 point snowflake we attempted last year. Heck, what am I saying it was easier for me too. Those 6 point snowflake folding even confused me. I all about easy. Because I am not putting up my large tree I used some of my snowflake ornaments. There are some Popsicle snowflakes too made by my children. There are some beaded snowflake ornaments I learned to make at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). Here is a link at Amazing Moms that explains how to make these. Here is the directions to make a woven star. I made two of these. I like the little one better.

Of course you have to include flashing lights. The best part is the cost= FREE. I did buy another silver garland at $3.50 for 15 feet but decided not to use it as the garland I had lights already in it. Everything else I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment