Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Tour 2010

I am once again joining the fabulous Nester's Christmas Tour. Here is my tour last year. We are going to be doing quite a bit of traveling this Christmas Season so this year I am simplifying, I think.


Elf Snowflake/Paper Chain Garland was inspired by the movie, ELF and the one that Hope Studios made last year. This is my version. I made coffee filter snowflakes with the kids. For more details, check out this post.

Shiny Brite Collection- I have two area's I am using for display purposes this year. One is above on my China Hutch and the other is on my shelves near the fireplace.


The framed print of "Wise Men Still Seek Him" on the shelves is a free printable at crafty ever after blog. The Shiny Brites are sitting on top of candlesticks. Candlesticks are one of my collections. Most of the Shiny Brites are my Hubby's Grandmother's but I have gotten some at Goodwill and Salvation Army, too. Here is a link to previous displays.

The Tree is not the usual one I use. Because of all our traveling this season, we didn't think our big pre-lit would survive the rather unsupervised cats. All the ornaments are from the kids ornaments collection either made or collected over the years. . On the tree. I also used some red balls to unify the look. The plant stand is one I found thrifting and it is sitting upside down. I hoping this little tree won't be knocked over by the cats.

Front Door -In my thrift wanderings last year, I found a sled. I paired it with this snowman and lighted wreath. This is at my front door.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your paper chain!! I thought it was so pretty in Elf but never thought of doing it here, I may have to do that next year! I bet the kids would get a KICK out of it. I like the way the ornaments looked on top of the candle sticks, SO PRETTY! Great job!!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog and you are MORE than welcome to copy the santa hat photos ;-) I had just the one hat and no good photo of all 4 kids for cards soooo ... lol ... came out pretty cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sled at the front door with the lighted wreath. I totally have a sled up in the attic. I may just have to get it down. And I love how you displayed your shiny bright ornament collection on the candlesticks. I hope that your cats don't knock down the tree. I'm betting they will. lol.

    ReplyDelete