Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Snake Wreath



You know this is a good craft when your friend is carrying a clipped magazine article in her purse of this snake wreath. I of course immediately knew I wanted to make this. So, I was the one carrying a photocopy of this wreath in my purse. I became a little obsessed with this project. I recruited some minions to paint the snakes and 1 lizard (don't ask).

Big E and Chuckles

The source for this is Martha Magazine.(I wasn't able to find a direct link) I totally think you could do this with a dollar store wreath instead of the grape vine. In fact, I had my hubby paint one black but the next day I found a grape vine wreath at Goodwill for 2.99. The large snakes, which there are two of , I got at Walmart for $1 a piece. All the little snakes came from the Dollar Tree. I believe there is 8 to a pack and I bought 2 packs. I painted all the snakes black. The total investment was about $7 dollars as I had black spray paint, black acrylic paint, and floral wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment