Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 2 of the Strike

I've got to stop reading the local paper comments on the Strike. People are getting polarized over this issue. I still support the teachers. But I can see the other side(district) too. Though in my honest opinion, the district is doing a poor job of representing their side. They aren't exactly the greatest communicators in my personal experience. At the heart of this issue is the money. It is not about the extra planning time though all of us agree it is needed but how to pay for it. Updates can be found at Ferndale Education Association and at the District Negoiation Site. There is no school tomorrow.


***I guess this is technically day 3 of the strike and day 2 of missing school

This morning came too early (5:45 am). You know it will be a long day when you have trouble making coffee. It took me three tries. It is truly a sign, a sad one at that. Once I got my coffee life got better. Nothing earth shattering happened today. It was a good day. MY chores got done. My children played and maybe learned a little something. That is good enough for me.

I have a lot of worries about school starting. I have one child who has anxiety and not starting school is really increasing his anxiety Being in limbo is sure not helping. His anxiety is adding to my anxiety. It just is a vicious circle. I know it will pass. This is life and teaching him to be flexible is part of it. I have to trust it is going to all work out. I just hope school starts sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment