Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Would You Rather

Would you rather live on a meteroid or a floaty platform in Space? - Question from #1 Son

It has been quite the week. On Monday there are so many things I would have rather done. The meteroid and the floaty platform both seem like good options to me. I received so much parenting information on Monday. I really can't process it all. Parts of my Monday seem very surreal. Have you ever been somewhere and wondered how the heck you got there?

I started my day watching kids that was good. I took my youngest to the Developmental Pediatrician at the Health Department. There I quite possibly talked to the fastest talking Pediatrician in the West. He was very thorough and I can't possibly take it all in even though I received some brief notes from the Nurse Practitioner. It was validating but also very overwhelming.

After School, I went to a Title One Reading Party which was less like a party and more like a music and literacy presentation. It was good information but wow, the noise.

Lastly, I went to Parent Orientation for Middle School. Wow, Junior High/Middle School really hasn't changed. I felt old. I don't know if I am ready for this let alone my child . Because of this child's different ablities there is whole lot of things to mull over and because the information was very generalized (which it should be). I left feeling quite a bit underwhelmed because I really don't have all the clues on how this is going to work for this particular child. Patience isn't a virtue that I seem to have a great abudance of lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment