Thursday, April 1, 2010

Banana Farm


I have a confession. I have a banana farm in my freezer. The picture above is short about 6 bananas. My kids love bananas but we can't seem to eat them fast enough before they become overly ripe. I just freeze them in their skin. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem,right. Here is my go to recipe lately for banana bread. I got it from an Albertson Ad and Albies got it from Dole.

Banana Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 cup margarine, softened

3/4 cups packed brown sugar

2 eggs

2 medium, ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)

1/4 cup sour cream

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup chopped almonds or walnuts, toasted



1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside

2. Beat margarine and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. beat in eggs. Beat in banana, sour cream and vanilla until just blended. Add in Flour mixture; beat until just blended. Stir in nuts.

3. Pour into 9x5 inch baking pan sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.

4. Bake at 350F, 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment