Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dollar Store Challenge- Pipe Cleaner Wreath

Living with Lindsay is having a $5 dollar store challenge. Here are the rules. Check out the challenge partcipants here. This is what I came up with. This is about 154 pipe cleaners later.


I purchased 1 wreath and 4 packs of pipe cleaners from the dollar store. My small Dollar Tree Store didn't have the wreath so I had to go to a bigger town's Dollar Tree. This wreath comes in two sizes and I used the smaller size. I used the pipe cleaner ring tutorial from Martha . I used the same method on this wreath. Instead of wrapping the pipe cleaner around your finger I wrapped it around the individual branches in the wreath. This was a little challenging to get all 6 pipe cleaners for each flower through the branches. There are a few flowers(smaller) that I was only able to get 4 pipe cleaners through. Making the flowers is a little addicting. I think it turned out really cute.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute flowers, I love the wreath. Lots of work went into those flowers and it shows! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 154 pipe cleaners! Oh my! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that! 154 pipe cleaners - WOW!!

    Wanted to say thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comment! I LOVE your project...I might have to make one of those for my front door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors of your flowers are fresh and fun! I think I'd love making the flowers, thanks for the inspiration.

    P.S. I think they are called chenille stems now instead of pipe cleaners. Please, excuse my eye roll for the PC world we now live in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that turned out so cute! I love the colors, so cheery and bright. Very springish!
    gail

    ReplyDelete