Thursday, February 11, 2010

thrifted shelves

Here is the area above the entertainment cabinet without the shelves.
Here it is with the shelves.
Just before Christmas, I found or should I say Mrs Epi spotted these shelves at Value Village. I had been on the hunt for these type of ledge shelves. My sister, The Polyester Princess, suggested that I needed something over my stereo entertainment cupboard. These shelves new were too pricey for my wallet. However, each of these shelves was only $2.99 at Value Village. There wasn't anything wrong with them that paint wouldn't fix. One of the shelves had some soot on it and one had some wax on it. Apparently someone had burned a candle on the shelf. I was able to get the wax off with a magic eraser but the soot needed to be covered up with paint. My lovely Hubby finally got around to spraying them an antique white and hanging them. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment