Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday with a Mad Genuis

This is actually a title to a Magic Tree House book I am reading with Chuckles. Though some Monday's I feel like I have a bunch of Mad Geniuses running around in my house as I do before school care on Monday's. The book is a fictional account of two young kids that are transported back into time. They meet Leonardo Da Vinci and help solve a clue. On Sunday in the newspaper there was a huge article about Leonardo and whether he painted himself as " Mona Lisa". The gist of the article is they are asking to exhume his body in France if they can get permission and then do a facial reconstruction on the skull. I shared it with the boys. Chuckles couldn't quite wrap his head around the idea that Leonardo may have painted himself as a woman.. I explained that Leonardo was a trickster. That just didn't quite satisfy him. Anyhow, the article and the magic tree house book generated a lot discussion about Leonardo Da Vinci. This included Chuckles explaining to Big E that he was going to create a notebook just like Leonardo Da Vinci.

No comments:

Post a Comment