Friday, February 12, 2010

Friendship Day Party and a rant

Chuckles and I made these pencil inch worm Valentine's for their Friendship Day party. The idea is from Skip to My Lou. Here is a link for the same idea found at Alpha Mom. I think they turned out fab. We made about 26 worms.

My rant is simply this. This is a Valentine Party. Just call it what it is. I am really tired of the politically correctness of the School District and renaming holidays. We can't have a Christmas Program and in our case we had a Winter Workshop where the parents had to participate in the program by DANCING with their children. Food isn't allowed to be brought into school unless it has educational value. If I really thought that doing all these things would increase the educational value, I would say great. However, I don't think this is the case. Rant OVER!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. Things sure have changed since our days at Con Ball and LHS, haven't they?

    Probably can't put all the blame for the food on the school district though. The federal government probably had a large say in that. Lots of new rules. Really screwed over the most profitable fund raisers in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am turning into a old lady who yells at the kids on the playground. LOL It just seems like the school my kid attends isn't anything like what I attended. Maybe that isn't a bad thing. I just can't adapt my old fuddy duddy thinking fast enough.

    ReplyDelete