Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Tour

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester


In the spirit of the Nester, it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. This is also is what happens when you let children decorate their own tree without supervision. Even the lights were put on by the children. Note how the lights were placed so carefully -LOL. They put a lot of the ornaments that they made in school on the tree. Then they wonder why I won't let them decorate my big tree all by themselves.

Between my children and cats helping with the tree it is amazing that the thing is still standing. All kidding aside, my children did help decorate the large tree. I did a little rearranging to spread the ornaments out as they all seemed to end up clumped up together. This year and last we only put our non-breakable ornaments on the tree as we have cats. I have collected a lot of glass ornaments over the years so I am a little disappointed not to be able to display them on my big tree. I would say our non theme tree is red with snowflakes and icicles. I think the red balls/icicles seem to unify the tree. The quote boards behind the tree say this - "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ( Charles Dickens)and " Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone."(Charles Schultz)

I displayed my shiney brites on glass candlesticks. The TP roll wreath I made this year. The details are here.
These snowmen were made by a friend of mine and I display them every year. They are just 2 by 4's painted white and made into snowmen.

Check out the Christmas Home Tour on the Nester.

5 comments:

  1. Those snow men are too cute! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snow men. GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wreath!! Excellent job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying the 2009 Christmas Home Tour. Many of you are so talented and creative.
    Your decorations are so beautiful!
    Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete