Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Baking

I am a little slow to get started on my Christmas baking. I am a much better baker than a cook. I see my friend Carol is working on her Christmas Baking. Check out her blog. This year I plan on making sugar cookies, snowflake cookies, sesame cookies, banana bread, carrot and pineapple bread, Corny Snack Mix, and the world's best cookies. The sesame cookies are my experiment cookie. I decided to do these as I over bought some sesame seeds for another recipe. I got the recipe out of the Bellingham Herald's Reader Submitted Cookie Recipes. These are really different and I think would be really good with a cup of tea.

Sesame Seed Cookies submitted by Mary Lindeman
Ingredients
1 cup of butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sesame seeds to coat

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Mix Flour , Soda, and salt and add to first mixture
Chill dough
Roll dough into balls and roll each in sesame seeds.
Place on cookie sheet or parchment paper.
Bake 10 minutes.
let set for a minute or two before removing to cookie rack to cool.
Makes 2 Dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment