Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blueberries

Happiness is fresh blueberries.

Chuck eating blueberry pancakes

On Tuesday, we went blueberry picking for the first time. Those berries were huge and at .95 lb. a fabulous buy. Our home blueberry bushes have struggled a little bit this warm summer. We went with Mrs Epi and family to pick. I thought it was a great time and the kids enjoyed it because there was ice cream afterwards. I don't have any pictures of the blueberry picking as I brought my kids' digital camera without the memory card. I have froze most of my 11lbs of blueberries but I did make blueberry pancakes and blueberry zucchini bread. Mrs Epi and family out picked us by 1 lb. The Princess(of quite of lot) kept saying, "the bigger the better", and you have to tickle them to see if they are ripe. The ripe berries will actually fall into your hand if you wiggle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment