Monday, July 13, 2009

The Room Thrift Built


The nester is having a "Price my Space" party. Check it out! My whole guest bedroom/studio was built by thrift. Doesn't studio sound more interesting than sewing room or guest room. I was telling my sister that this was the only girly space in my house. This is my refuge and probably the least used space in the house. That should say something. I didn't want to invest a whole lot of money in here. Hey, I live with the two man wrecking crew. Here is a little tour of the room:



Dresser was given to me by a neighbor. The mirror was purchased but the frame was found at a garage sale and repainted The rusted sifter was found by my hubby and holds my sewing scissors and whatnot's. I did purchase the rusty scale for $15. The spools of thread are in a ice bucket with the initial "H".

Dresser = free
rusty sifter= free
ice bucket= $5
scale = $15
pictures on sides of dresser= $30 (total)
mirror= $25
frame= $5

Everything with arrows was basically thrifted or re-purposed with the exception of the cutting table. The shutters were repainted with OOPS paint.

valance (repurposed from the nursery)= free

shutters= free

brackets (garage sale)= $10

Oops Paint= $8

glassware= free

cutting table =$90

The wall above the bed needs some work. I would like a headboard and maybe some plates above the bed. The bed was a barter of babysitting services for the bed. The sewing table doubles as a night stand when I have company.

bed = free (bartered with babysitting services)

sewing table= $15

bedding (including bed skirt)= $50

The bookcase was from Pappy's house. The Saint Bernard Planter is one that my hubby had in his boyhood room.

bookcase= free

_________

GRAND TOTAL= $253

4 comments:

  1. love the scale!

    We're helping Natalie's Peace of Mind Fund.

    Check us out.

    www.creativecrafting08.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. Stopping by from Nesting Place link. Love your dresser and that scale! I'm off to check out the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty a frugal room. You are lucky to have a room of your very own!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee! I love your girly room. And what fabulous deals you got on everything! I love bartering, don't you? That mirror is so pretty. I love the swinging doors - cute story. Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete