Monday, June 15, 2009

Hopeless Man Thinking

This month's Family Handyman magazine(July/August 2009) made me giggle. The caption on the front says, "Rent a MONSTER tool to save time (have a blast, too)." If that doesn't say manly, I don't know what does. The front cover practically grunted at me. I generally like to flip through this magazine and stop at the back section to read the funny homeowner mess ups. Hey, misery loves company. I stopped in this issue at the article about the automatic-start weed trimmer and thought that was genius - a woman definitely invented this. A weed whacker that starts at the touch of a button. The weed whacker at my house quite frankly scares me. At my house, I am the one who mows and The Giant Man Child does the weed whacking. The main reason I don't weed whack is because I don't know how to start the darn thing. Our weed whacker is so complicated to start. So you probably know, how often weed whacking occurs at our house. The article basically repeated my own situation that the wife mows but refuses to use the weed whacker. The article practically advocates MEN buying this weed whacker so they will never have to participate in lawn care ever again. I call this "Hopeless Man Thinking" as in I hope the Giant Man Child didn't see it.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, Ouch, and Ouch. That was all three axles of the bus driving over me...

    ReplyDelete