Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Calling all Prayer Warriors


Photo by P.L. Chihuly Phoenix 2009

My Aunt P passed on this prayer request so I thought I would put it out there as well. I don't know Dina but I wanted to send my prayers. Her story is below.

Friends and Family,
My friend, Dina , was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She had just wrapped her head around dealing with that when she got the results from her PETscan yesterday - in a nutshell, the cancer has spread to her spine, her liver, and her femur. Her scheduled masectomy has been cancelled and all efforts are now on preventing the further spread of the cancer to her bones and liver.

This morning a group of us prayed over her at church for her complete healing. Two of the women who prayed over her both received word from God that Dina needs thousands of prayers covering her in this battle for her body and her life. I am emploring you to stop what you are doing right now and pray for her. Pray for her healing, her peace of mind, and for her family. We serve a mighty and powerful God, and we are confident He has a plan for her (although we all wish it didn't involve this!). Please, my fellow Christ-followers, pray for this young (38!) woman and her family.

Dina is wife to PJ and mom to Ginger (just turned 1) and Madeleine (4 years). I met Dina at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), and she is a fantastic woman. Dina's faith is strong, and she is planning on serving on our leadering team next year. Although her diagnosis is frightening, she is a fighter. We've unofficially decided our battle cry will be ,"Game on!" as we are rallying around her to beat this.

Please join with me and pray for her on her behalf! God has said it will take thousands of prayers to conquer this. This is your chance to be part of a miracle.

In His Service,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment