Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Book Club Book

The selection for this month is "The Family on Beartown Road" by Elizabeth Cohen. Book Club members avert your eyes from the next portion. I finished the book in one afternoon. It was a good read and I would recommend it. It was a very honest portrait of a Mom dealing with a newborn and her father with Alzheimer's and being the caretaker for both.

The books I hope to read in 2009 (not necessarily book club books)

The Twlight Series (I know I the last person on earth to have not read these -even Ms Smarty Pants has)

The Absolutely True Diary of A Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (I believe this is part of Whatcom County Reads)

The Associate by John Grisham

The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff

One False Note by Gordon Korman (Part of the 39 Clues Series - I already have the book in my little hot hands)

The list seems rather short compared to last year. I did read all 5 books listed in that highlight post for books to read for 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment