Saturday, July 12, 2008

What did we do this week?

People are always asking me, what I did to day? Sometimes as a stay home Mom it is hard to quantify. I did take some pictures so we must have done something. I am sure some of the week involved this Mom losing her temper (summer is long) and I not proud of that part. I am working at being more calm. I am so flawed and have to ask for forgiveness and grace every day. The picture above is a giant ice cube I made in layers that has stuff hidden in it. You have to chip away to find the hidden objects. We started with plastic knives and ended up using screw drivers. (ADULT SUPERVISION RECOMMENDED) This was a lot of fun but required some pre-planning. We did this today. The idea was found at the crafty crow. There is some seriously good kid craft ideas there. It was a link from a local blog Snapshots.


We also made a stop earlier in the week to feed the kids. The picture of the kids is by #1 Son. This is at Hovander Park. Chuckles calls this the farm. They have animals that you can feed.
We also made some sponge balls . Ours were modified somewhat as we only had the sponges with the scrubbing surface one side. These were a hit but definitely get regular sponges. They make such a satisfying splat. I like these better than water guns. It seems like water guns cause so much strife sometimes. Do you think I need a bigger pool? #1 Son is begging me to get a pool the same size as Mrs Respiratory Therapists' pool. He has pool envy. She is so cool. We have also been working on a special project. More on that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment