Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Living in Fast Forward

I think I fast forwarded Pappy's life. The last couple of days have been the as far as he has gone in many years by car and I know without a doubt the fastest he has gone. I drove Pappy in his Mini Van. I joked that I was driving Mr Daisy. He has wanted to drive some of the trip but the traffic was just a bit too much for him. I told him he was a great GPS. We made time to stop and smell the flowers. This is Pappy picking some wild daisies when we made a pit stop. We saw so many wild flowers throughout Oregon. We kept seeing little white ones. Unfortunately, we didn't get to pick any of those.
Pappy had a lot of good memories to share on the drive as we were driving through country that he had lived in for many years. He had a lot of stories about rocks especially gold that was found throughout Oregon. We had some interesting discussions. He is staying with us as his stuff has not arrived from California. It seemed like all of California was on fire as we left. There was so much smoke. I guess lightening caused a lot of the fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment