Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Adventuress Run Aground

I was saddened to hear that the Schooner the "Adventuress" ran a ground. A few details here and here on the mishap. I sailed and was part of the crew of her for a week in 1986. Our Girl Scout Troop got to sail her in the San Juan Islands and into the port of Victoria. It was one of the highlights of being in Girl Scouts for me. The above picture is me at the helm. Talk about a flashback. Stop laughing Mrs Respiratory Therapist, Mrs Epi, and Mars and I don't even want to hear it from you dear sister. I put these pictures in purely for your reading and laughing enjoyment.

This is a picture of us actually sailing the ship. Some boater took a picture of us under way under full sail. He got so tired of us asking him for reprints so he eventually I believe gave us the negative. This is also the trip we got to go to the Vancouver World Expo of 86'. Looking back I can't believe how brave our leaders were to take a bunch of teenage girls on this kind of trip. I was quaking in my boots just going on a field trip to the zoo. The organization for this was immense. We sold a lot of candy bars for this trip and stacked and recycled a lot of papers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment